Fresno California is in the US state of California in 2016 Fresno had a population of 520,000. Making it the 5th in the state and 34th in the nation. Fresno is the center of San Joaquin Valley the name Fresno means Ash Tree in Spanish and a leaf is featured in Fresno flag.
Fresno was Native American land until 1856 when the gold rush happened it was also the year Fresno county established.
Fresno is manly White and Latino but there is also a big amount of non-Hispanic, Asians and African Americans in Fresno.
Fresno has many yearly events like film festivals. Here is the list of annual event held each year in Fresno.
- Armenian Grape Blessing (August)
- ArtHop (monthly)
- The Big Fresno Fair Around October
- Central California Taco Truck Throwdown
- Cinco de Mayo at Fulton Mall
- Christmas Tree Lane Every December
- Fall Wine Cornucopia Usually in April
- Fiestas Patrias at Fulton Mall Usually in September
- Fresno County Blossom Trail Late February to April
- Fresno Film Festival November
- Fresno Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender Pride Parade June
- Fresno Greek Fest Late August
- Fresno Maker Month April
- Miss California Pageant Usually in June
- Reel Pride Gay & Lesbian Film Festival September
- Rogue Festival March
- Sudz in the City October
- Swede Fest November
- Vintage Days March or April
Fresno does not have any teams in the major leagues of NFL, Baseball, Football, Basket ball and Hockey but they still have sport teams.
There womans teams are Fresno Freeze
They even have a National Bike League.
This is a list of Fresno Government people who where or are currently in office.
President, Board of Trustees Edit
Prior to 1901, Fresno was governed by a board of trustees.
- William Faymonville – October 27, 1885 to April 25, 1887
- W.L. Graves – April 25, 1887 to October 31, 1887
- A.M. Clark – October 31, 1887 to April 15, 1889
- A.J. Pedlar – April 15, 1889 to unknown
- C.J. Craycroft – October 27, 1895 to 1901
† Died in office
City Council Edit
The Fresno City Council is made up of seven members, elected by district:
- District 1 (west-central) – Esmeralda Soria
- District 2 (northwest) – Steve Brandau
- District 3 (southwest and downtown) – Oliver Baines III
- District 4 (east-central) – Paul Caprioglio
- District 5 (southeast) – Luis Chavez
- District 6 (northeast) – Garry Bredefeld
- District 7 (central) – Clinton Olivier
The City Council meets at Fresno City Hall.
City departments Edit
Fresno has many schools,courts and politics they even have a state representative
This is a list of notable people from Fresno List of People from Fresno California.
Fresno has many army corps
63rd Infantry Division (United States) which has 3 units hosted in Fresno
144th Fighter Wing which is there air national guard unit
49th Military Police Brigade (United States) some units in Fresno
plus other squadrons and units.
http://www.fresnofuego.com/fresno-freeze for womans teams
http://www.fresnostate.edu/home/athletics/index.html collage teams